/* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ffffff; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #ffffff; text-align: center; color:#ff66b4; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 262% Arial, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#ff66b4; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#ff66b4; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 78% Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif; color: #66B5FF; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 90% Georgia, Times, serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#243816; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#000000; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#000000; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#78B749; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#243816; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ffffff; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #243816; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #2a1638; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #ffffff; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #243816; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Thursday, May 21, 2009

What A Week!

My friend Megan wrote that she hoped the reason why I hadn't updated anything was because I was in labor- oh how I wish that was true too- but it's SO NOT! :) Last Tuesday was the beginning of the end here at the Wilding household. Rooks had some pretty bad diapers, couldn't keep anything down, and wouldn't eat or drink. We took him to the doctor Wednesday evening after a day of pretty much the same symptoms along with a high fever that we COULD NOT break here at home. It was scary. I've never NOT been able to break one of his fevers before. His doctor said he had a really bad flu bug and that we needed to get at least 27 ounces of fluid in him within the next 24 hours or we needed to bring him back. Thursday his fever was gone, but he still had really bad diapers, would NOT eat or drink ANYTHING- and barely moved off the couch all day. He really was the sickest he has ever been. By Thursday afternoon we knew there was no way we were getting 27 ounces in him and getting it to stay down. So we took him back to the doctor and they hospitalized him right then and there. He had to have some IV fluids run in him for a few hours and then we were finally released around 10PM that night. I think Rooks felt like he was in a torture chamber the whole time. He was a champ when they were putting the IV in his arm and Thank Goodness the nurse got it in on the first try. I had been having contractions that whole day and they completely stopped as soon as that IV was in my baby's arm and he stopped crying- I'm not kidding! I was so worried up to that point. My mom and Chris's parents came to visit and try and keep Rooks's mind off of the IV in his arm and his arm being strapped to a board. My mother in law has some pictures from the hospital- I'll post them as soon as I get them (I wanted a few just for his baby book). Friday and Saturday we pretty much layed around and changed really bad diapers every hour all day and partly through the night. Finally on Sunday we felt like our baby boy was on the mend. Well Monday around 2:30 in the morning- I came down with this terrible flu bug and threw up every 1-2 hours all day. My contractions started up around 11AM and grew with intensity everytime I did have to throw up. I really felt like I was in all out labor and Chris threw a few last minute items into my bag that I've had packed for weeks. We were getting ready to go to the hospital when I just really felt like we should pray- and after we did- we didn't feel as strongly about going anymore. My contractions subsided, I got feeling better, finally held down some water- and slept through the night. I've pretty much just felt like I've had the wind knocked out of me the past few days- but have definitly gained some strenghth back. Chris started to show symptoms late last night and he is for sure sick today- poor guy! I have so wanted this baby here- I want to see her and hold her and everything- but what a blessing that she hasn't come in the middle of all this! Hopefully we can ALL be feeling better and get our house steralized by the time she comes. I'm not too surprised I went over my due date- I kinda felt like I would. :) I'm still just trying to have faith that she will come on her own - even if that does mean next week sometime! :) Hope you are all doing much better than we have been- Love to all!
Rooks's new helmet for riding the 4-wheeler at my parents house.
It's totally on backwards! :)

Rooks LOVES to help Chris mow the lawn- it's so cute!







40 1/2 Weeks

Rooks loves to give "the baby" kisses.


My mom and her cute new haircut!

4 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

Oh Nikki what a week! I am so sorry you got a yucky bug around, hate that! It IS a blessing that this is all happening before baby girl gets here. We are praying that she will come on her own and when she is ready. Hang in there, that special girl will be here before you know it!
Love ya,
Val

Danielle Hacking said...

Wow, what a hectic week! I'm so glad your family is on the mends now... little Reese can come any time! The pics are cute, next time I see you, you'll have your little baby in your arms :) Love you!

Tari said...

What a cute picture of you and Chris! It just shows how excited you both are for this new baby!

Veronica and TJ said...

That is so cute that he helps mow the lawn:) and I love the picture of him kissing your belly, way cute.