I have been worried for quite some time now about reaching the 38 week point. I was never asked if I wanted to be checked at 38 weeks when I was pregnant with Rooks- I was TOLD I was being checked. It was completely unnecessary, it was super painful, and I was prone to infection afterwards. I was miserable from that point on in my first pregancy and have been bound and determined to have a different experience this time. At my appointment last week I was TOLD I would be checked at the next appointment and immediately began dreading it- almost to the point where I wanted to just skip it. So on Monday evening I asked my sweet husband for a blessing- which I haven't taken near enough advantage of- and it was so calming. I was blessed with courage and confidence to portray exactly what I was feeling to my doctor. I was nervous to go to my appointment this morning- but not a worried wreck like I feel I might have been without the blessing. Chris met me there and was as cool as could be- he always is. :) I am so pleased to report that everything went fantastic. My doctor was completely open to all of my thoughts and feelings. I am not going to be checked until I am in active labor, I am not going to be induced before 42 weeks if I really do carry that long, and I am not going to be pressured into anything that we are not completely comfortable with. It is such a blessing to have the priesthood in my home and to be married to a worthy priesthood holder who honors it. I am so grateful for how things have been going and feel really ready for this baby to come- even if it is later than we hope! We've been going for good walks everyday and hopefully it makes a difference. We are crossing our fingers! ;)
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I am so glad Chris is able to give you a blessing to, that is wonderful! The priesthood is truly powerful. And what a relief to have the doctor comply with what you want. I'm so happy it is all working out and that you are 38 weeks. . . that girl is going to be here in just a blink of the eye. Love you, thanks again for a great visit. I hope we can do more stuff together soon!
Val
P.S. Good job on getting your walking in, that will help!
Good for you Nikki for standing up for what you want in this delivery. It's hard sometimes, but you have to do what's best for you! Keep it up! She'll be here soon.
Renee Shaffer
(By the way, I'm a friend of Val's! Chris might remember me - I spent many nights at Val's house during high school and Hi-Lites!)
I'm glad that you were able to communicate with your doc, and that you were able to get a blessing from your hubby, good luck during the next few days, she'll be here soon!
Post a Comment