I'm trying to think of everything that has happened over the past two months... I can't believe it's been that long since I posted... oh wait- yes I can. Pretty much ever since we found out we were moving-life has been insane- literally. Chris and I both agree we have never been through anything harder than what we've been through over the past few weeks. When we came and looked at the house we just moved into- we both said that fixing it up and getting the house we were living in at the time ready for renters and packing up all our crap and moving our family -would be worth it. I told Chris's grandma that I wasn't so sure anymore about that. She said- well live there awhile before you decide. That was some excellent advice-Thanks Grandma Rowley! :) I'm sure I do just need to give it some time. But I am different after going through it all- I feel... worn out. I'm a little less willing to deal with all the crap that comes with life sometimes. I am so grateful for everyone that helped watch our sick and cranky kids, who helped clean and paint and fix stuff up, and to everyone who helped us move- we are SO blessed to have so many neat people in our life that love us enough to get us through the hard times. SO-just a basic recap of the last few months......
Kids caught croup and had it for two weeks
Some Family helped watch our sick kids while Chris and I and other family slaved away at the new house-cleaning, fixing, and painting until 10PM or later every single night
At the end of the two weeks- Rooks got better- no problemo -Reese didn't- slowly got sicker and sicker
Took her to the Doctor- she had ear infections- started her on antibiotics
Slaved away at the new house for another 5 days- came home and took Reese's temp-it was 103.6! The diarrhea begins!
Called her doc-told me to take her off antibiotics and that her ear infections had "probably" cleared up.
Slaved away at the new house for three more days- all the while- Reese's food is literally going straight through her and on day 3- wakes up covered in hives!
Took Reese back to doctor- they diagnosed her with Roseola with suspicion to allery to amoxicillan(the antibiotic she was on)- oh and her ear infection- SO NOT GONE!
Put her on different antibiotic and watched her hives very slowly fade away over the next few days- all the while- yep- still slaving away at the new house.
After that things get blury- everything happened really fast- but crept at a snail's pace at the exact same time-don't know how that happens....
Reese had diarrhea for two weeks straight- took her back to the doctor- they asked me to bring in a stool sample- I'm like- there is no "stool" -it's liquid!!! But I tried my best. :) They didn't find anything- her diapers are just recently getting somewhat back to normal
I know sometime in all that caos we managed to help Val & JD move and I know we celebrated a lovely Easter with family in there somewhere!
My sweet little two year old cousin Ruby was diagnosed with Leukemia and my sweet little old Great Aunt Sherry passed away in April.... guess nothing in my life is really so bad huh? Ruby does seem to be responding well to treatment though and her family is staying very positive while fighting it together.
Anyway- we moved! It's been two and a half weeks tomorrow and I still feel like I will never have a normal day again. Reese stopped eating baby food(table food only for her!) cut two teeth (finally!) and decided she is going to start walking- all in a matter of a few weeks! I'm like- Jeeze- why don't you just go ahead and grow up on me all at once!!! She took 18 steps tonight at my mom's- and it's really exciting- it's funny cause it breaks my heart at the same time...Can't believe she is going to be one... Rooks is talking so good- he's so funny- he's SO naughty- but yes very funny too. He has started saying his name- Rooks Gerald Wilding- I said to him the other day- Rooks - can you say your name- and he goes... Um... ME!!!! Chris is busy working and playing baseball- when he's not doing all my honey dos! :) And then there's me- I'm worn out- I'm tired- and if I have to unpack one more box I think I'll puke! :) I have a really good life-it's time to start living it! Pics of the new house and our amazing day at Lagoon- coming soon!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Let's See Here...
Posted by Nikki, Chris, Rooks, & Reese Wilding at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Big Breath - Wow! Great summary. It was all a bit of craziness for sure. Wish we could have done more to help you, but sure glad to be close enough to experience some of it with you. And it's so great to see the milestones happening in Reese's little life.
Post a Comment