My Great Grandmother passed away on April 18th. It was bittersweet. She was 96 years old and I think she felt more than ready to go for quite a while now. She lived in Roosevelt and we would try to visit her often, on one of those occasions a few years ago- Danielle and I went and and played the piano and sang to her at her rest home and right then and there she asked us to play and sing at her funeral some day. So that's just what we did. It was so neat- and what an honor! The spirit was so strong. We sang and played a song called "I Heard Him Come" - one of my alltime favorites. It was hard going first- especially right after the closing of the casket but we got through it and could let our nerves settle through the rest of the service. My Great Grandmother was a neat lady and we will miss her. Not only was she my grandpa's mother- but she took really good care of my dad too when his mother wasn't around.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment