Time is flying by. For the most part it hasn't really bothered me. We are trying to fit as much as we possibly can into each day. So most of the time I go to bed feeling like- Wow, we got a lot accomplished today. Boy do we still have a lot to do though! At the beginning of the month we went down to Mesquite, NV to visit my grandparents along with my parents and Dani & Tyson. We have a feeling that it will be the last time we are able to go down for a while. What a drive! Going down felt like it took forever and Rooks didn't do well at all. Coming home was much better though and it felt like we flew across the state of Utah. We got plenty of pictures of Rooks feeding ducks for the first time at the Casa Blanca Resort & Casino where we stayed- but do you think we could get ONE picture of Rooks with his Great-Grandmother? No of course not! That's all I really wanted too! We had a good time and enjoyed the company and nice weather. Chris got to go golfing a few times and we had a great big family dinner at my Uncle Scott and Aunt Nancy's new house just outside of Mesquite. Lately we have been trying to fix up our house like crazy before baby #2 comes along. I am trying to take things slow and not over-do-it, but I'm stressed and worried about getting the kids rooms ready. We are moving Rooks into -what used to be our spare bedroom- the big bedroom, and then we'll put Reese in Rooks's old room eventually. We are going to do a sports theme room for Rooks and ladybugs for Reese. I hope they turn out cute. I really want both rooms patched, textured, primered, and painted before the decorating begins. Chris is busy busy busy finishing the main bathroom and I have been prepping the kids rooms for all the above mentioned - oh and growing the baby of course! I had a check-up last Monday and all is well- I only gained three pounds which is good. A couple in my ward just had a still born baby at eight months along- it is so sad. It really scared me. Something like that happening hasn't really crossed my mind, I know I just need to take things one day at a time. We took Rooks to the park with some friends for one of the first times this year- and he went crazy! He was climbing the stairs and going down the slides all by himself. It kind of got me teary eyed just watching him. He's not my baby boy anymore in so many ways. It was bittersweet to not have him need my help. I am so glad that when he finally did go down the slide and jump off the bottom- that he always looked to see that I was watching him and cheering him on. He would get so excited!
This is how we are decorting the baby girl's room.
These are the lady bug decals I got for her room.








3 comments:
Wowzers girl you have been busy busy busy! I had no idea you were tackling all those projects. Way to go! Your house is going to look AMAZING. I love your ideas for the kids rooms and I'm excited to see the bathroom with tile and stuff. We just got moved into the new place, I can't wait for you to see it. (after I get unpacked and decorated. . . right now it's a MESS!) I want to make a trip to Vernal soon. How's the wee one inside? With all those projects going on remember to take some time for yourself to just chill, you deserve it. Take care of yourself!
*LOVES*
Val
That was a fun fast trip! I can't wait to see all the changes at your house, it will all look so good when its finished!
My gosh you have been busy! I think your kids' rooms will be adorable! I can't believe how big Rooks is, and that your baby girl is almost here! How exciting!
Post a Comment