/* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ffffff; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #ffffff; text-align: center; color:#ff66b4; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 262% Arial, sans-serif; } #header a { color:#ff66b4; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#ff66b4; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 78% Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif; color: #66B5FF; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 90% Georgia, Times, serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#243816; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#000000; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#000000; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#78B749; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#243816; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ffffff; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #243816; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #2a1638; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #ffffff; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #243816; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Monday, September 29, 2008

The News


We feel so very blessed
To have you in our life
You’ve been there for the good
And helped us through the strife
That’s why you get a hint
Listen close- here are some clues
You are the lucky few
Who are first to hear our news
I woke the other morning
Pretty early feeling sick
I tossed and turned in bed
As the clock went tick tick tick
As I lay there thinking
I wondered- could this be a sign
We stood there patiently waiting
And the test showed the second line
Our little family is growing
From Father, Baby, Mother
Rooks is so excited
He’s going to be a BIG BROTHER!
By: Nikki Wilding
That's right folks! Here comes baby number two! - We couldn't be more excited! I've been up and down- but overall feeling pretty well compared to my first pregnancy. I was hospitalized at 5 weeks the first go round- not being able to keep anything down. I had literally thrown up over a hundred times by the time I was 7 weeks along. Well I'm now over 7 weeks along and I've only had ONE bad "morning" (and it really was because I had a cold and my sinuses dripped into my throat all night making me feel queasy) -it wasn't all day being sick like before- and certainly didn't end in a trip to the hospital to be poked ten times and have an IV ran in me for 4 hours. I was actually hospitalized 7 times total! It gives me hope- already being further along this time and still feeling great! I am so grateful- every morning I wake and thank my Heavenly Father for how great I feel! I really feel like He knows me and knows that I needed to be feeling better this time because Rooks needs ME. I definitely have periods of time where I don't feel good but I'm okay with that. I feel like I can handle that ya know. I am a lot less stressed out this pregnancy too- which leads me to really believe that my morning sickness last time was triggered by stress. I worked in a very busy dentist office and worked very long hours too. Now I'm a stay at home mom- and love it! So there's the difference I think! I have also been very touched by family and friends prayers- so Thank You All for that! My Grandma told me I'm not as sick this time too because she thinks I'm having a girl! We'll see about that- we should find out right before Christmas! Thanks again everyone for all of your love and support! We love you!

6 comments:

Tari said...

I'm so excited for you! Congradulations! I'm glad to hear that your felling better this go around!

Hanberg's said...

Hooray! FOR BABY #2. I'm hoping for a girl for ypu Nikki. Glad you're feeling a little better this go around. The pups are adorable, your house is lookin good, and Rooks is getting so big and handsome! I can't believe it!

Shelby said...

WOW! Congratulations. I am so excited for you. Your family is growing. I am glad you are feeling better this go around.

Danielle Hacking said...

Thanks for the updates, I love all the pictures, the beenies are adorable, I'll look for one out here for him. I'm glad you're feeling better too! I love ya sis, and I'll call you here in a little bit!

Veronica and TJ said...

Your blog is so cute. I love all the pictures of Rooks. TJ and I cant get over how incredibly adorable he is! I know we already told you but Congratulations again on the new baby. We had fun hanging out with you guys last weekend. I am glad it worked out. I hope your baby pugs are doing good with the cold weather:) We are sad we cant get another dog, cause we wanted one. Anyways talk to you later.

Veronica and TJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.